Activation of the Serious Response Level under the Government's Preparedness Plan on Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
The Government has activated the "Serious" Response Level under the Government's Preparedness Plan for the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) on 8 June 2015. The Department of Health (DH) advises the public to avoid unnecessary travel to Korea, in particular, those with chronic illnesses. Travellers in Korea and the Middle-East should avoid unnecessary visit to healthcare facilities. Travellers in the Middle-East should avoid going to farms, barns or markets with camels, and avoid contact with sick persons and animals, especially camels, birds or poultry.
Please visit the Centre for Health Protection's MERS webpage (http://www.chp.gov.hk/en/view_content/26511.html) for updated information, including:
1. disease situation,
2. travel health advice,
3. guidelines on the prevention of MERS, and
4. online version of the education resources.
More information on MERS is also available at:
1. The CHP Facebook Page (www.fb.com/CentreforHealthProtection);
2. The CHP YouTube Channel (www.youtube.com/c/ChpGovHkChannel)
3. Travel Health Service of DH (www.travelhealth.gov.hk)